Saturday, May 23, 2009

.monarto zoo.

3 days the sun was out, the weather was great and hot (23 degrees) but it of course had to be sooo gloomy and cold when I decide to go out!

Why does the weather here have something against me?!?!

Alarm rings at 7.30am and I sprang out of bed. I just could not control the excitement!
Karina's going to the zoo!!!! *after 10
years mind you*

But of course nothing in this world goes according to plan right. Shangari calls and tells me that she can't make it after what seemed like a stupid night for her. But oh well, Kavita decided to come in her place! :)

The weather was just so bad! It wasn't raining or anything. It was the wind! It was so strong and the chills it gives you that pierce through your spine! What a day to go to the zoo. Honestly, the zoo wasn't that great. I mean all the hype about it was for nothing. I mean common people.... Come to Malaysia, our zoo's way better!

Ok. Let me explain what exactly is Monarto Zoo. Its suppose to be like "Africa". Most of the animals here are what you get over there. The zoo is like an open range sanctuary where you go on a safari bus tour inside the animal's habitats. What habitats? Dry land, dry grass/no grass, dried mud.... "Just like Africa". That part they got it correct.

It wasn't a pretty sight. It was all dusty and dry. The animals too looked sedated (all of them were lying down or sleeping). And because we were on the bus, we could not actually take good photos of them due to the dirty windows on the bus.

The only good thing from this trip was that we had pretty close encounters with the giraffes. One heck of a creature. I have always admired them. Huge, tall creatures that have wonderful printed skin and walk on toes. Did you know that they actually walked on their toes?!? I knew i didn't until today.


Yeap. WOW!

Anyway I'm just too lazy to upload the other pics that I took at the zoo. So I'll upload those once exams are over. As for now, I'll leave you with the GIRAFFE TALK. It's a conversation between 3 giraffes that we saw today. (If the pictures are too small, click on them to enlarge)













At least that's what I thought they said to one another. *smiles*


-Click-






No comments:

Post a Comment